LUX Critical Forum Cork Artists’ Programme
LUX Critical Forum Cork Artists’ Programme (81 mins)
Saturday December 7th, 4.30pm, The Guesthouse (Free Event)
The current richness of artists’ moving image in Cork is reflected in this programme of Cork-made films drawn mainly from participants in LUX Critical Forum Cork. Initiated in 2019, the Critical Forum is a discussion group for artists, critics and curators who have an investment in the future of the moving image. It operates in dialogue with Critical Forum groups in Dublin and across the UK.
In addition to films from Critical Forum members, the programme includes a new work by guest artist Aisling O Connell who is emerging as one of the most striking and distinctive experimental filmmakers in Cork.
- Sodomy Sunday (Aisling O Connell, 6 mins)
- Insideout Triptych (Natasha Bourke, 25 mins)
- Residual Minority (Mieke Vanmechelen, 7 mins)
- Transitional Repetition (Arran Tenzin Bradstock, 5 mins)
- Cairn G (Michael Holly, 10 mins)
- Threads (David Bickley, 10 mins)
- Я (James McCann, 18 mins)